[On a non-judicial stamp paper of `.100/- sworn before a judicial magistrate first class] I, Narendra Damodardas Modi, Chief Minister of Gujarat do hereby solemnly swear in the name of the Constitution of India and declare, affirm and assure the citizens of India as under: That, while I was the Chief Minister of Gujarat,
1. I never directly did or say anything to promote hatred for the minorities in general and for the Muslims in particular
2. That I never did or say anything directly or indirectly designed to foment trouble for the Muslims of Gujarat in the wake of the ghastly crime of burning people committed inside the Sabarmati train at Godhra on 27th February 2002
3. That neither on the 27th nor on the 28th of February 2002 did I directly or indirectly ask the police officers to let a community vent its anger in the wake of the Godhra carnage, nor did I ask the police officers to go slow in preventing spread of violence.
4. That the late Mr Ehsan Jaffery did not convey to me the imminent danger to his or his neighbour’s lives, nor did he seek my help, in the wake of the post-Godhra rioting in Gujarat
5. That I did not ask any police officer/s to try to pass money, whether as bribe or otherwise, to a lawyer representing Ms Mallika Sarabhai so as to influence him
6. That I have never been remotely aware of any attempt by any police officer of Gujarat involving any fake encounter I confidently testify that each of the aforesaid statements is completely true to the best of my understanding. I further declare that if any of these statements is later found to be incorrect and within my knowledge as of date, I shall seek the forgiveness of the people of India, and shall quit politics. I shall thereafter never seek, nor accept any public office.
====================== This is the affidavit that the SPRATian proposing to sit in Annshan seeks to ask of the Chief Minister of Gujarat. Members that desire that this proposed plan must proceed, are requested to comment, contribute to and improve upon this draft of the affidavit. They may also please indicate what contribution, if any, can they make to make this programme effective.